Martin Moss wrote:
> Have an awful suspicion the book I used suggested
> doing it the other way around? Would that make a
> difference?
>
> $r->handler('perl-script');
> $r->set_handlers(PerlHandler => [ My::Handler ]);

none whatsoever.

keep in mind that you can only call set_handlers() during phases prior to
the phase you're setting.  for example, you can't

  $r->set_handlers(PerlHandler => [ My::Handler ]

from within a PerlHandler, but you could from within a PerlAuthenHandler.

btw, I saw that you wanted to unshift handlers (as opposed to push). this is
how you do that

  my $handlers = $r->get_handlers(`PerlFixupHandler');
  $r->set_handlers(PerlFixupHandler => [`My::Bow', @$handlers]);

HTH

--Geoff