I'm installing RT, a supportware allpication. As part of that effort, I've compiled in mod_perl and loaded a bunch of Perl modules onto the machine. I've reach an impasse when after compiling in mod_perl, I get following error when performing an apache configtest:

Odd number of elements in hash assignment at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/HTML/Mason/Exceptions.pm line 152. [Fri Sep 23 08:24:55 2005] [error] unknown field \n passed to constructor for class HTML::Mason::ExceptionCompilation failed in require at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 146.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 7) line 1.\n
Syntax error on line 2396 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
unknown field
passed to constructor for class HTML::Mason::ExceptionCompilation failed in require at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 146.

I verified I am compiling mod_perl with EVERYTHING=1
System is RH Linux Enterprise 2.1 apache 1.3.33. Everything else is the latest available release.

Pointers appreciated!

John