Michael Peters wrote:

Christopher H. Laco wrote:

use Data::UUID;

I know this isn't what you're looking for since it doesn't answer the
question you have, but just out of curiosity why do you need Data::UUID?
Would something like mod_unique_id work better?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_unique_id.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_unique_id.html

It even works well in clusters because it take hostnames into
consideration. And no stray temp files :)

I use uuid generators in the core modules, which operate outside of any web serving mechanism.

Once I found the workaround to keep things from segfaulting, I also added support for APR::UUID, so it's even more of a non-issue. :-)

-=Chris