Geoffrey> I'd be surprised if that works.  $r->server->dir_config()
Geoffrey> ought to give unmerged per-server PerlSetVar settings which,
Geoffrey> by design, cannot exist in an .htaccess file.
Geoffrey> $r->dir_config() ought to give merged settings, though.

Randal> It doesn't.

Never test things within 5 minutes of waking up.

Works fine, AFTER I push the modified code from the repository to the
live site and rebooted.

Thank you.