On 10/15/05, Chris Winters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been scouring the MP2 docs but can't find out whether I can have
> MP1 and MP2 safely installed on the same machine. Does anything exist
> on this?
>
> Why I'm asking: I've got MP 1.29 and 2.0.2-RC2 installed, plus the
> latest libapreq2. When trying to install libapreq 1.33 (for MP1) I'm
> getting the message:
>
> ----------
> libapreq-1.33 # perl Makefile.PL
> mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.

Of course, once I posted I found the answer in the form of a patch
from Stas to Makefile.PL here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=111569421220736&w=4

With that libapreq-1.33 builds a-OK.

I'm still a little curious if there are any pitfalls to having both
installed on the same machine but I don't want to revist any namespace
wars or anything. (Those are dead and gone, right?)

Chris