Hi Jonathan,

I don't know the Session:: stuff but it sounds like something I did with DBI - I use persistent handlers so I needed my own custom version of Apache2::DBI.

Why not subclass Session::MySQL and have the new() (or equivalent) method do your validation on the handle before calling $self->SUPER::new() ?

John

Jonathan wrote:

I'm hoping someone here has a suggestion-

I wrote my mod_perl app with Session::File (local development) and am migrating it to Session::MySQL so it could cluster

I ran into this issue:

If I try to tie with a session id that doesn't exist in the db, the app catches an Apache::Session die