On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 17:43 +0200, Taras Yurij Vasylovitch wrote:
> I've tried to write my own "db connections factory" but I found
> out that DBI connections cannot be shared between threads because they
> are objects.

This could be changed, but it would require some work.  Hardly anyone
actually needs this, so there isn't much motivation to do the coding
required.  Sharing between threads is only useful if your application
frequently handles mod_perl requests without the use of a database
handle.

The only existing solution is SQL Relay:
http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/

I know at least one person on the list uses it.  If you try it, please
report back about how well it worked for you.

- Perrin