Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
cd /usr/local/sbin
./apachectl start
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

(gdb) run -X -d /usr/local
Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/httpd -X -d /usr/local
gdb in realloc(): error: pointer to wrong page
Abort (core dumped)

Of course, my gdb itself dumps core *sigh*
Anyone know how to help gdb out?  I can use it, but its internals
are out of my league.

So I've tried on 3 different computers now and gdb core dumps when trying to debug httpd2 with or without loading mod_perl2. I've tried -g -O0 and -ggdb3 -O0 as well.

I can say, that if I do
./httpd -X
it does _NOT_ segfault.

This leads me to believe someting in the ChildInit Phase is crapping out.

I remember gdb working less then 3 months ago for me..... did something change ?

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 301.254.5198