Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
>> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>>> I'm headed out for the day, so I apologize for the email-and -un. I
>>> posted this last night to PerlMonks, and I'll post it to the EU::MM list
>>> when I get home:
>>>
>>> http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=513773
>>>
>>> Long story short, I got reports that perl Makefile.PL for my dist was
>>> producing a 0 byte Makefile. After whittling it down, I found that any
>>> encantation of use/require/eval ''/eval{} of APR::UUID in my Makefile.PL
>>> was causing ExtUtils::MakeMaker to spit out a 0 byte Makefile; only on
>>> OpenBSD. Linux/FreeBSD/win32 worked fine.
> [ ... ]
>
> Just to clarify, when you say, for APR.pm:
>
>> Commenting out:
>>
>>> sub dl_load_flags { DL_GLOBAL }
>>
>> or it's use constant DL_GLOBAL has an effect on the problem.
>
> do you mean "has an effect" or "has no effect"? If the
> former, what effect did it have?

Commenting out the use constant and sub dl_load_flags calls in APR.pm on
the OpenBSD box in question had no effect on the problem.  /an/no/ :-)

> Also, are the sqlite tests that failed when APR was
> loaded also helped by inserting some print statement
> near the beginning?

I couldn't figure out how to try it. The tests are already doing print
statements for the ok/nok test output. My brain started to bleed at how
to do something other than that. Adding the BEGIN {print 'from apr'} to
APR.pm did not help with the SQLite tests either. No amount of fiddling
with the test files themselves fixed the SQLite failures aside from
removing APR from my core pm.

-=Chris