Using the PerlPreConnectionHandler in my original post they would
only be able to do it from a server in my IP hash and they don't have
telnet access on that server.  But I see your point.

In my situation I have a bunch of domains on a couple of IPs  I mostly
want to make sure they come from those IPs, then find a way to know
which domain the proxy originates from.

Maybe I should have asked is there a more reliable way than using
$ENV{HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST} to determine the domain
of an originating proxy request in a two tier system as I described?

Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com