Joachim Zobel wrote:

Hi.

I think it makes sense to use Apache filtering to seperate the
presentation layer. The idea is to have an application layer that
outputs xml and a template engine attached by filtering that merges the
xml into html pages.

What is already there? Are there any template engines that can be
attached through filtering? Is there any spec. for an interface xml?
What are the cons of this approach?

Thx,
Joachim

Hi,

yes. I've written a port of AxKit for mod_perl2.
It has the following possibilities:
- (XSLT/Perl)Filter-Chain as an output filter
- Caching System based on various informations

Read more about it on AxKit-Dev-Maillinglist:
http://www.mail-archive.com/axkit-dev@xml.apache.org/msg01295.html

You can get the latest snapshot which is a little bit old here
http://www.bestsolution.at/documents/TomKit-0.01-1.tar.bz2

but should work, I've polished things in the last
days and will release it soon to CPAN.

Tom