On Jan 3, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

-Dusemymalloc=y is the default for lang/perl5.8
Also, the previous example had this same setting.

I'll try a manual compile with it off at some point.

FWIW, I found that turning off Perl's malloc() prevented segfaults in mod_perl 1 on Solaris. This was about 5 years ago. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is still an issue. I personally never use mymalloc for this reason.

I thought that this was supposed to have been fixed by better-tuned makefiles in 5.8.x., though.

Best,

David