Hi,

our CMS create sometimes long runnig tasks. This Tasks we start with the following code:

`/usr/bin/perl  -e 'use Modul; Modul->function($arg);' > /dev/null &`;

This works. Apache returns the html-page and the long running function goes into the background. But if we restart Apache all childs and our long running function was killed :-(

Could i daemonize the long running process to be sure that he wasn't killed by a apache restart? Maybe with Proc::Daemon.

Is the a good solution or somebody knows a better way to do it?

Jens