Hi, list

here's a general question which I'm sure has been addressed before.

I've got a modperl2 handler within a module Foo. This module uses a
whole hierarchy of helpers, like Foo::Bar, and so on (which live in a
corresponding dir structure Foo/Bar and so on).

Now I would like to have several testing versions of the whole thing.
Perl's module namespace doesn't allow two modules called Foo in one
instance. So I'd have to rename (meaning to change every "package Foo"
and "package Foo::Bar" and "use Foo::Bar::Baz"). Ugh.

I roughly see those alternatives:

 (a) somehow trick Perl's module goo into doing this automatically for me.
 (b) set up another Apache instance (for every test setup)
 (c) refactor the whole thing to work unchanged as CGI, so one can set
     up the test instances as CGI scripts, instead of modperl

I don't know whether (a) is possible. Maybe some of you has any ideas.
This would be the preferred path because the things would get tested as
modperl. As a next alternative I'd try to go with (c).

Thoughts?

Thanks
-- tomas