Hello,

I'm having trouble getting libapreq2 installed properly. I'm using FreeBSD 5.3, Apache 2.20, and libapreq-2.06-dev. I sent this same message the the libapreq list, but no response yet -- so I wondered if anyone here had any input...

The issue is that when I run gmake test, the test fails with:
parsers..../usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libapr-0.so.9" not found for the test modules lt-version, lt-cookie, lt-params, lt-parsers, lt- error and lt-util.

libapr-0.so.9 does indeed exist, at /usr/local/etc/apache2/lib/ libapr-0.so.9, and libapreq should be able to figure this out, as my configure line is:
perl Makefile.PL --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/local/etc/apache2/bin/apxs

When I try ignoring the test results and gmake install'ing, Apache won't start: Cannot load /usr/local/etc/apache2/modules/mod_apreq2.so into server: /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0: Undefined symbol "libiconv_open"

However, this is also strange, as libiconv is up-to-date and located in /usr/local/lib...

Does anyone have any thoughts? Let me know if there's more relevant information I can provide...

Thanks!

- ben