and doesn't sh*t like this just burn you up?  I spent 3 days trying to get OpenLDAP, DAV, Apache2 and Subversion to play together.  I didn't read the documentation you cite, but in a fit of desperation sh*tcanned APR/APRU, compiled Apache first, then LDAP and Subversion (oh, and let;'s not forget about BerkeleyDB 4.4....^%#$&!!) and once the LDAP module was loaded, everything started working...automagically!

mark

On Jan 30, 2006, at 8:10 AM, Mark Galbreath wrote:
> Apache2 comes with APR built in; you do not need to install it
> separately.  You are finding what a big PITA that results in.

And what a beautiful theory it is.

To quote <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html>: "apr and
apr-util are bundled with Apache httpd source releases, and will be
used without any problems in almost all circumstances. However, if
apr or apr-util, versions 1.0 or 1.1 are installed on your system,
you must either upgrade your apr/apr-util installations to 1.2 or
have httpd use seperate[sic] builds."

Almost all circumstances! Yeah, all circumstances *except* the one
where you've _ever_installed_ Apache or Subversion before!

In any event, APR doesn't seem to be the problem. I upgraded the main
APR on my server, and now httpd is able to use that with no problem.
However, mod_perl is still failing with the same error:
ThreadMutex.c: In function `XS_APR__ThreadMutex_new':
ThreadMutex.c:51: error: `APR_THREAD_MUTEX_DEFAULT' undeclared (first
use in this function)
ThreadMutex.c:51: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
ThreadMutex.c:51: error: for each function it appears in.)
ThreadMutex.c: In function `XS_APR__ThreadMutex_pool_get':
ThreadMutex.c:133: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
without a cast
*** Error code 1

Is no one else having this issue? It's just me and Ryan? I'm on a
64bit AMD system, if that makes any difference...

thanks,

- ben