Frank Wiles wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:32:13 -0600
"JupiterHost.Net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

a) "new CGI" is old

FYI...
  Just downloaded the latest CGI.pm and the docs still show using
this syntax, as much as I agree it should always be CGI->new();

The docs are old and need updated, but the fact still remains:

If it looks like Perl 4 and works like Perl 4 its prolly from Perl 4 (pronounced "at least needs to be checked since it may indicate the problem")

new Whatever;

will work but its highly recommended for various reason to do Whatever->new() so when I see new Whatever:

 a) the code is old old old
b) the author used an old example without knowing its better to do Whatever->new()