On Feb 7, 2006, at 10:14 , David Wheeler wrote:

Apache-Test contains some code for digging out httpd when it's not in your
path - see TestConfig.pm for some stuff you might be able to steal.

Thanks Geoff, I'll do that.

Taking a quick look, I see this:

            my $mp2_build = modperl_build_config();
            # if mod_perl 2 was built against the httpd source it
            # doesn't know where to find apxs/httpd, so in this case
            # fall back to interactive config
            unless ($mp2_build->{MP_APXS}) {
die "mod_perl 2 was built against Apache sources, we " . "don't know where httpd/apxs executables are, therefore " .
                "skipping the test suite execution"
            }

            # not sure what else could go wrong but we can't continue
            die "something is wrong, mod_perl 2.0 build should have " .
"supplied all the needed information to run the tests. " . "Please post lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm along with the " .
                "bug report";

Uh, so, if it doesn't have MP_APXS it dies, and if it has it it dies. Is that really how it should work?

Best,

David