the extra braces are just a way of keeping $sitetext_cache private to methods in the block.

I haven't tried the other variations though - I will at some time. It seems to be flying happily with the use vars version though.

On 2/9/06, Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 21:03 +0100, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> I don't know if this is connected, but I noticed init was getting
> called TWICE on a restart. I turned of PerlFreshRestart and now it
> just happens once.
>
> Can't quite see the connection, but maybe it is related ...

That probably is related.  I've seen people have strange issues with
closures (which is what you're doing with $sitetext_cache) and
PerlFreshRestart.  Does it work without that?

The other thing that looks questionable to me is "scalar %
$sitetext_cache".  That behavior could have changed between perl
versions.  Also, I don't think you need the extra braces surrounding all
of these subs, although they shouldn't hurt anything.

- Perrin

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com