This is the relevant part of my handler for a link that I want to force
a download for. I know it's content-disposition but for some reason I
can not get it to actually download the file. I get the download dialog
and I choose the location to save it but when I open the document it is
empty. I've tried changing the sequence of the items but it never works.

my $filename = "/usr/local/app/media/videos/downloads/preview.mov";
unless ($fileFH = Apache::File->new($filename)){
        $r->log_error("couldn't open $filename for reading: $!");
        return SERVER_ERROR;
}
$r->content_type('video/quicktime');
$r->headers_out->set('Content-Disposition' =>
"attachment;filename=$downloadFilename");
$r->send_fd($fileFH);
$r->send_http_header();
return OK;

::::: John Brahy