On Mar 10, 2006, at 12:26, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

I'm not referring to SQL traits or DBI differences, but any little tricks or odd things that might happen when using the pg dbi under apache

The only one I can think of (and my information might be severely out- of-date) is that you can open a MySQL connection before Apache forks and have it still work in the children, but the same is not true for PostgreSQL (or most other databases, for that matter). If you use Apache::DBI, there should be no problem. Otherwise, just be sure that you have no database connections open when apache forks. Close any that you open on startup, and only open them when you get the first request in each child. This is good practice for MySQL, too, FWIW.

Otherwise, everything just works.

Best,

David