On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Foo Ji-Haw wrote:

Hello Fred,

Ok, the 12 layers of Apache is as cool as the OSI layers. Let's say that in my PerlAuthzHandler I verified the user via a cookie (given to the client

You will want to use a PerlAuthenHandler to authenticate the user.

during login). It sounds like double work to retrieve the user details again during the PerlResponseHandler phase (I have to do that to process the page

Cache the user details in $r->pnotes in your PerlAuthenHandler so that you do not have to retrieve the user details again.

based on the user). Following the mailing list thread, is the only/ preferred way to use the bucket brigade?