Greetings,

Installation instructions for building mod-perl dynamically worked great
compiled, installed, and works great  mod-perl2.0.2  perl5.8.8

Thought I'd try to see what performance difference I get using static
build
mod-perl.

Used the documented install procedure:
To enable statically linking mod_perl into Apache, use the MP_USE_STATIC
flag like this:
  % perl Makefile.PL MP_USE_STATIC=1 \
    MP_AP_PREFIX=$HOME/src/httpd-2.x \
    MP_AP_CONFIGURE="--with-mpm=prefork"

Compiles fine but fails at installation with:

>mkdir /usr/local/apache2: Permission denied at
/users/webuser/perl.5.8.8/lib/5.8.8/ExtUtils/Command.pm line 255

So my question is how do I specify in the configuration phase that
apache2 gets installed in a directory
of my choosing?

Thank you,

John Kent