Hi,

We're using SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache and I want to enable HTTP
compression. We're using it as follows:

<Location /soapserver/>
        PerlSendHeader On
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Modules::SoapServer
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
</Location>

with Modules::SoapServer containing:

my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache -> dispatch_to("SoapCalls");

sub handler { $server->handler(@_) }

I've tried changing the config as follows:

<Location /soapserver/>
        PerlSendHeader On
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Modules::SoapServer Apache::Compress
        PerlSetVar Filter On
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
</Location>

and by putting some debug in Apache::Compress, I've confrimed that it
is actually being called and is reaching the point at which it gzips
the data and sends it off, but when I make a SOAP request with a
"Accept-Encoding: gzip" header, I don't get compressed data back.

Any ideas?

-- Alex