On May 25, 2006, at 6:52 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:
What problem are you trying to solve? You might find it more useful to replace Apache::DBI with DBI->connect_cached. Keep in mind though, you
will have to take care of not opening connections during startup and
doing safety rollbacks in a cleanup handler yourself, which Apache::DBI
normally does for you.

closing read-only connections opened / closed at startup

depending on the project's load order, Apache::DBI is sometimes loaded beforehand, resulting in a useless connection that i can't disconnect.

my current options are refactor 4 giant applications, or build disconnect back into Apache::DBI. the latter is waay easier.