long story short:
i built my own mvc framework. i specifically wanted to keep apache related stuff out of the model when designing it, but i was in the situation where i needed to access it for a quick hack ( i chose the longer elegant solution that negated touching it ) and said "hm... i wonder how could i do this"

i know i could store stuff in a pnote, but thats shared across handlers- i wanted to make sure this variable was available only to the current handler without implementing my own cleanup at the end to undef the var.

i ended up just tossing a factory pattern into a namespace in the handler to get me the needed information -- but it makes me wonder if there's any per-handler style verison of a pnote.