Hi folks,

I've written a largeish (80 modules, 20k lines) mod_perl CMS and currently the logging is a mess.

I've looked at a few on CPAN, noteably Log::Common, but I really want something which:

- allows a single, global debugging level
- does not require each module to have access to Apache (the CMS modules may be called from cron jobs)

I'm thinking that something I can just 'use' in each module which has a BEGIN block to read its config (perhaps from httpd.conf), open the log files, and class methods for logging would be the neatest approach - eg:

use My::Logger qw( log );
   log($level,__PACKAGE__,$message)

Any recommendations?  Should I do something Croak-like?

If there's nothing out there I'll happily write something and share it.

cheers
John