Perrin Harkins wrote:

Create a new instance of the mod_perl handler module during startup and refer to that for the handlers (code below). This module would then cache DB connections and provide a method for 'create or fetch current DB connection'.

DBI->connect_cached will do all of this for you.

Kind of - assuming I read the original posting correctly, it's a situation where there's a bunch of logic wrapped around the DB, so there needs to be a DBI-style module that contains all that. However, thinking about it, that module could provide a 'connect_cached' method which does the necessary.

(I'm going to go and update my system to do that now!)

John