It was a broken design pattern that worked in a single threaded server, but
under a multithread server, you can't switch around STDERR's handle and expect
not to break the reporting on the other threads.

True CGI is sending the output of the detached process that was exec'ed to one
specific handle.

It might be possible to reimplement stderr as a pipe which determines which
thread is doing the writing, or handling STDERR much like STDOUT is overridden.

Chris Hagglund wrote:
I am looking for information on how to get mod_perl 1.99 under apache2 (is this a screwball setup? Its with plesk 7.5 on redhat) to send STDERR to the vhost error_log instead of the main apache error_log.

I have mod_cgi scripts which write to the vhost error_log via STDERR with no problem, but for some reason the mod_perl code is putting stuff into the main error_log. On my old server, mod_perl 1.29 and apache 1.3, mod_perl STDERR output goes to the vhost error_log with no problems. Any information is on how to deal with this is appreciated. Also if there is a searchable archive of this list can someone please point me to it? Thanks for any information.

Best,
Chris Hagglund.

.