 >> ok, thanks for trying :)
 >>
 >> I'm including gozer here, since he is the main PerlConfig guy - I
 >> wouldn't want to step on his toes trying to implement a fix for this
 >> issue.  but it we harp on him he will probably have an answer in a
 >> matter of seconds ;)

  > Slightly longer than a few seconds, but here is a patch that will probably
  > fix this issue as well as the the one linked to.

Very nice, thanks very, very much, it seems to work perfectly well.

One nit while we are at it: errors during execution of $PerlConfig
would be much less pain if we could get real line numbers and file
names. From the manpage I would believe that this is feasible now?

Look what I got (the error was well spotted and correct, but I still
did not know where to search because I have many <Perl> sections and
many $PerlConfig variables):

[Mon Jul 17 12:52:15 2006] [warn] The Alias directive in mod_perl at line 1
will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.

--
andreas