> Hey ho
>
> I have a simple configuration:
>
> PerlModule Test::FH
> <Location /xyz/abc>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlResponseHandler Test::FH
> </Location>
>
> Now I go to the URL http://www.myhost.com/xyz/abc/qqq/123
>
> Inside my code I want to get "/ggg/123" so I try
>
>     print "Request: " . $r->path_info . "\n";
>
> This returns "/abc/ggg/123"
> Now it always drops the top level "/xyz" - assumably because it is
> effectively a file in the root directory.

Are you saying that /xyz does exist in your document root? I've found that
Apache won't work if you mix a virtual directory, real directory and path_info.

This is because PATH_INFO is what ever is left over after url => file name
mapping. If there's no real file, then apache removes the <Location> value, else
it removes the part that is a real file/directory.

If you want a virtual directory, make sure that there are no real directories of
the same name.

--
Michael Peters
Developer