On Aug 4, 2006, at 3:26 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

What Apache::ForwardedFor does is just run on the mod_perl side, read
the X-ForwardedFor header, and set the remote IP value to fake out code
that runs after it.

so what do you think is more appropriate?

me uploading it to CPAN as a standalone, or gifting it to mod_perl?

i'm porting my captcha system to cpan right now, so i won't mind adding an extra.

but Apache2::xForwardedFor seems like a useful enough utility that i'd think most people would not want to require downloading as a seperate item