On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:33:25 -0700
Dan Stromberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> I'm working on setting up Request Tracker on a Redhat Enterprise 4
> system.  My management likes to use the Redhat-provided precompiled
> binaries whenever practical.
>
> Request tracker wants to use either fastcgi or a -static- mod_perl
> (RT's supposed to be pretty unreliable with a dynamic mod_perl, and
> anyway, the dynamic one is downrev relative to what RT wants), and
> the Redhat apache appears to include neither of them.
>
> Am I stuck building my own apache with fastcgi and/or static mod_perl,
> or is there a way of tacking one of these onto the preexisting
> Redhat-built apache?

   While I agree it is usually best to keep with what RedHat provides
   you whenever possible, this I'm afraid isn't one of those
   situations.

   You're going to need to compile from source or if you prefer
   rebuilding the RedHat SRPMs with the options you need.

   Frank Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   http://www.wiles.org