Mark Stosberg wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if some other people here have some wisdom about this case a few people have run into, apparently with no resolution.

Newer versions of DBD::Pg and PostgreSQL support a feature called "server side prepares", which is supposed to give a significant performance boost in some cases.

However, when deploying it on mod_perl on a busy website, I quickly saw a lot of this kind of error:

prepared statement "dbdpg_7" already exists

that error could be caused by forking in the server code. To make it go away, you should upgrade DBD::Pg to be at least 1.44 and, in the child process after the fork, issue a $dbh->{InactiveDestroy} = 1; call.

Uru
-Dave