On 25 Aug 2006, at 19:56, Tim Pushor wrote:
[snip]
I think it may also be useful to be able to prove in a court that you took steps to keep your secrets away from prying eyes, and that whoever belonged to those prying eyes deliberately took steps to uncover your secret - Regardless of the actual level of security provided by those steps ..
[snip]

IANAL but, to the best of my knowledge, this is untrue. Copyright is what defines whether copying is legal or not.

I guess in the US you might be able to get they under the DMCA in addition to copyright violation, but not having to overcome copy protection doesn't make copying any more legal.

Cheers,

Adrian