On Oct 5, 2006, at 2:56 PM, Craig Tussey wrote:
How does Perl with mod_perl handle this. Are there any
important differences with the only Perl situation.
Might the dataspaces be corrupted? How does this work?

variables will persist through  every connection...

so 'use strict()' and specifically declare every variable with my / our as appropriate

ie:

my $connected= 0;
sub connect {
        my $connection= 'dbi connection';
        $connected++;
        return $connection
}
sub handler{
        my $r= shift
        if ( ! $connection ) {
                $connection= connect()
        }
        print $connected;
}

the first time you run that, you'll call connect and increment connected, which is local to the package. the second time though, $connection will have been set within the handler block

and then everything that David Nicol said