Any particular reason why you stopped using the ActivePerl combo? It's a painkiller, and I depend on it most of the time.

Devin Austin wrote:
Hey everyone,
i'm brand new to this, so bear with me:

I'm trying to install mod_perl under strawberry-perl-5.8.8-alpha-2.exe <http://www.vanillaperl.com/>, windows xp pro, and apache 2.2,3. I've extracted the mod_perl package into C:\, and i've cd'd to the directory and done "perl Makefile.pl". it asks for apxs, which i don't have, and so i just hit enter like it says to do if you don't have apxs installed. That goes through and seems to be error free, however when using dmake to try and continue the process, i get this error: dmake: Error: -- Incomplete rule recipe group detected.

I'm not incredibly familiar with strawberry perl, last time i tried installing mod_perl i was using ActiveState and i just used PPM. I obviously can't do that now, so I'm a bit lost. Anyone have any ideas?

-devin

--
timorperfectus.com <http://timorperfectus.com> - web design to frightening perfection.

One last song