On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Foo JH wrote:

Issac Goldstand wrote:
YES! While it's acceptable for light and smallish applications, I've never found it to be really usable once you're serving concurrent connections.

On that note, I have a contract (job) offer for anyone who knows their way inside Perl (5.8) and mod_perl (2) enough to help troubleshoot a win32-related crash. In short, once we put heavy load on the server, we see a crash reported from inside libperl58.dll - my theory is that it's thread-related, but I don't have the time to look into it properly. If anyone thinks that they are capable of identifying and fixing the problem, please email me.

What version of perl are you using? There were some
threads-related fixes introduced in perl-5.8.8 that
solved some problems with earlier versions.

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes