It looks like from reading the docs, that the startup.pl file can handle specifying more than one user for the purpose of making multiple connections with different database accounts.

I'm having a problem in retrieving these cached connections when running the code after server startup. Am I correct in assuming that specifying identical DBI connection parameters in the mod_perl handler as those in the startup.pl connections will return the $dbh of the corresponding cached connection?

In using the 'mysql' client to show a list of connections, I see that in addition to the several cached connections I create upon startup, running a mod_perl handler creates another db connection (not using the cached one).

Any pointers appreciated.

thanks,
-lev