cfaust-dougot wrote:
 >>Argh you're right - since it was created in the global hash I thought it
>>was part of the globals and didn't look closely enough. Yep, I was just making sure.. That makes it even more of a mystery though, don't you think?

Well, although the CGI object is not a global, you are keeping the HTTP data in a global, %form_data.

Since then I went though created a new CGI object within that sub whenever I've needed it, and it seems to work. The problem only appears to happen if a new CGI object is created within the handler or within a sub that is called from the handler and it only effects upload?????? Bizzare, but I'm trying to move on..

This is probably because CGI.pm is reading all the form input and not leaving it for Apache2::Request to read.

>>You don't need it if you're using Apache::Request though. You can use Apache::Request_or_ CGI, you don't need to use >>both at the same time. I'm giving that a shot now, If I can get Apache2::Cookie to work right and find some way to duplicate CGI.pm's "escape" and "unescape" methods I won't need CGI.pm at all..

See the docs for porting escape_uri and escape_html from mod_perl 1 here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html

- Perrin