I am running Apache 2.0.55 with mod_perl 2.0.1 and Perl 5.8.1 on a Sun
Solaris machine. I am writing a perl script that requires the user to
log in with a userid and password in order to access the pages the
script creates. We plan on using standard http authentication. Once the
user logs in, is there a way to save the userid and check it to make
sure that the user who is now working is the same user who logged in?
The problem is that users will be entering data and a user can only
change the data he has entered.
Thanks for any help.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
08-934-3036