Tracy12 wrote:
Thanks,

If this is the case, How can we preserve the REMOTE_USER value and
forward/redirect to the other application ( running on same Apache Server) which is based on the REMOTE_USER
environment variable, which is set in my perl module in the first
application.

I was under the impression $ENV{'REMOTE_USER') variable can be used for such
purposes.
I think you've got this idea or notion that this is the right way to do whatever it is you're trying to do and are asking questions that don't really make sense to us.

Maybe we could help more if we knew what it was you were really trying to do.

But if thats not an option... If I wanted to get remote user from one request to the next, I would pass it as a URL parameter. Something like /cgi/rUser.pl?remote_user=foobar&other=options

Your other option is to set a cookie containing this user id, or if security is an issue, use a session, with a unique id for the cookie.

Rob