Thank you for the suggestion Randy - but perl had always been in my path. I
think that gets set when perl is installed.

I think I will have to do a manual start / ^C the apache process until the
monitor gets fixed.

Thanks,
Anoop

On 3/3/07, Randy Kobes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Anoop kumar V wrote:

> Yes - I checked that - without mod_perl enabled, with a vanilla Apache
> installation (and with weblogic module enabled), the apachemonitor
starts
> and stops apache fine. With the mod_perl line: (LoadModule .....) in
> httpd.conf it errors out. If I remove the line it again works
flawlessly.
> The thing is this breaks in both the apache versions I mentioned
above...

> I am the administrator on this Win XP machine.
>
> Its not a big issue - since apache runs fine from the commandline, but
it
> would have been great if I could manage from the monitor, else I need to
> keep cmd prompt window open just for this thing...

The only thing I can suggest checking is that you have a
    LoadFile "C:/Path/to/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"
before loading mod_perl.so, in case Perl isn't in
your PATH environment variable.

--
best regards,
Randy