On 4/4/07, Tamer Embaby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Server: Apache/2.0.58 (Unix) mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.4

You probably want a later Perl than that.  Many unicode bugs have been
fixed since then.

I have a hunch that it's something to do with the Locale passed to the
mod_perl that I should be using "PerlPassEnv LANG" or something.

I don't know that much about unicode, but I do remember that Perl does
some automatic encoding in certain situations.  There was that problem
in Red Hat a few years ago when they set LANG to UTF-8 and it broke
all kinds of CPAN module tests when Perl tried to read all files as
UTF-8.  Why don't you try setting LANG to UTF-8 and see if it helps
your situation.

- Perrin