Tyler Bird wrote:
But I was wondering isn't there anything I can do to mod_perl that will allow a plain warn to send it to my virtualhosts log and not my servers
log.

without using the $r->warn() syntax

warn("hey") really goes t the virtual hosts log and I don't have to put $r->warn()

warn() is just sending the message to perl's STDERR which is attached to the main apache error log.

to get apache to send output to different places you need to call the relevant functions in apache's API - mod_perl provides a perl version of that API.

So for mp1 that's Apache::Log, and Apache2::Log for mp2. I can't see there being any options outside what those modules already provide.

Carl