On Tue, 1 May 2007, RA Jones wrote:

Randy Kobes wrote:
I haven't heard of anyone having problems like this, but that doesn't mean there isn't one (I don't have Vista). One thing to check - if you're running Apache/2.2, you should install the mod_perl.ppd file (not mod_perl-2.0, which is for Apache/2.0). If you installed mod_perl-2.0, try
uninstalling it (including mod_perl.so) and installing
the mod_perl ppm package.
Yes that did it thanks. Against my expectations as requesting mod_perl.ppd instead of mod_perl2.0.ppd started downloading the mod_perl 2.0.3 ppd, which seems a bit odd. Presumably the numbering of the ppd's is different to the CPAN modules, where mod_perl2 is for Apache2.x (presumably including v2.2), and mod_perl is for Apache 1.x. Not so?

In making up the ppm packages, I use the same convention
as ActiveState, where the package name is derived from the
CPAN distribution name. mod_perl-2.03:
   http://search.cpan.org/~pgollucci/mod_perl-2.0.3/
is in the "mod_perl" CPAN distribution, and so I just
called it "mod_perl". It's not a perfect system, as
because of binary incompatibilities, mod_perl-1 and
mod_perl-2 for Apache/2.0 have to be named something
different, but I thought mod_perl, for Apache/2.2, was
the most common configuration by now.

--
best regards,
Randy