On 5/2/07, John Saylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi

-----Original Message-----
From: Krist van Besien [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 8:59 AM
[deletions]
I use <perl> sections quite intensively to configure my apache server.
I would like to build in some user interaction during startup.
The code works insofar that it waits 5 seconds and than proceeds with
the default I set, but it completely ignores any keypresses I make.

it might be easier to just make these options part of the startup script
instead of stopping httpd.conf in mid-parse [so to speak].

one [old school] way would be to write a shell script that sets the
variaibles, then starts up apache. there are many other ways possible.

I am trying to make it as foolproof as possible (as I'm planning on
taking a long break from work :-), and I am a lot better at
programming user interaction in perl than in shell scripts.

The other issue here is that the questions will be different depending
on which server apache is started (I have a whole bunch of servers all
sharing the same config) and the code that detects where the httpd
daemon is started is also included in <perl> sections.

So i really would prefer to have a way to ask user input from within a
<perl> section. But am I asking something that is impossible?

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland