I seem to be missing something very obvious... I have:

$r->header_out("Refresh"=>"0; URL=$uri\n");
$r->send_http_header;
print "Test redirect => $uri\n";

But when the redirect page gets submitted, the HTTP headers show up as page contents:

Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=99
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

1e
Test redirect => /?loopback=1

0

Obviously only the stuff after 'Test redirect' should show up. I am using Mason, and writing an error handler -- it tries to tell the browser resubmit a GET request in the event of a Mason failure. It looks like Mason inserts a blank line to terminate the HTTP header block. is there any way to counter that, so that the header directives end up in the header?

Incidentally, the actual Refresh header does work, so maybe my hypothesis about Mason is off the wall.

        Any ideas?

P.S. On a wild shot, does anyone know if the XMLHttpRequest JavaScript directive generally honors the HTTP Refresh header in Firefox and IE?