On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 04:05:38PM -0400, Michael Peters said:
> Walt Reed wrote:
> > The apache part isn't the problem. I can easily run on different ports,
> > and whatnot. In fact, both apache's are working fine independantly, so
> > it's just the perl / mod_perl issue. When I do a "make install" of
> > mod_perl 2.x I don't want mod_perl 2 based perl modules tromping all
> > over the existing mod_perl 1.3 system install.
>
> They shouldn't tromp over anything. All mod_perl2 modules are in the Apache2
> namespace. Now, this doesn't guarantee that some 3rd party module won't detect
> that you're running under mod_perl by trying to use 'Apache2' instead of
> looking
> at $ENV, but that's a different story...

OK, that is exactly what I needed to know. So no big conflicts then in
perl module land having both installed...

I would prefer however to put all my test modules for this migration in the
/usr/local/apache2/perllib space, but looking at the mod_perl configure
options, I didn't see which option specified this... MP_AP_PREFIX?
MP_AP_DESTDIR? Neither one of those looked appropriate.

Other perl modules are easy with PREFIX and LIB.