jean jayet wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> during setup of mod_perl 2 with Apache 2 and perl 5.8.4 on a solaris 10
>
> make test :
>
> Syntax error on line 47 of /tmp/mod_perl-2.0.3/t/conf/extra.conf:
> mod_perl is already running, too late for PerlSwitches
>

> does anybody have an idea what is the pb ?

this error means that the perl interpreter is already resident in the
startup process, so it's too late to tell perl how to start.  so, you
need to trace through httpd.conf and extra.conf for mod_perl-specific
directives.  most of these will be applied as late as possible
(PerlModule, etc) but some will start up the interpreter right away
(<Perl>, PerlLoadModule) and thus conflict with PerlSwitches.

this is a very rare problem so, if I had to guess, I would think that
the problem rests in your system httpd.conf, which is generated from
scratch but pulls in some of your existing httpd.conf.  if you can't
figure it out from a visual backtrace you may want to

  $ t/TEST -clean
  $ export APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL=debug
  $ t/TEST -conf

which will spit out a truckload of information about which files the
test configuration is pulling in and from where.

HTH

--Geoff